BUNAKEN ISLAND TOUR
The total area of the Bunaken National Marine Park is 89 065 ha and includes the five islands of Bunaken, Siladen, Manado Tua, Montehage and Nain, as well as parts of the coastal area of North Sulawesi mainland. There are more than 40 dive sites around the islands and along Manado Bay.
WALLS OF BUNAKEN
Vertical walls, reef sharks, turtles, Pygmy sea horses and many surprises
The eastern side of Bunaken Island offers superb wall diving and excellent snorkelling. The vertical wall has many cracks and small caves and is covered with soft and hard corals, gorgonians and huge sponges. Fishes are so abundant that it is impossible to list all the species found here.
Some examples are: barracudas, triggerfishes, parrotfishes, surgeonfishes, unicornfishes, wrasses, drummers, butterflyfishes, trumpetfish, trevallys, groupers, snappers, sweetlips, angelfishes, needlefishes and batfishes.
Possible encounters include turtles, whitetip and blacktip reef sharks bumphead parrotfish, napoleon wrasse, eagle rays and blue-spotted stingrays. The shallows are unbelievably colourful and full of life. Excellent spot for night dives, too.
What has been said about diving on the east side of Bunaken (Timur):
"This is truly breathtaking, an incredible dive any time of day; but dived early morning or late afternoon, when the light begins to die and the fish start feeding in earnest, Timur is the diving equivalent of a religious experience. ... There is more variety on this site, given the right conditions, than I have seen anywhere else in Indonesia. If it's in the fish guidebook, it's on this reef - and it would truly take a whole book to recite the species spotted on even a single dive. ...
Whatever you do and however you dive it, don't miss this spot. If you could do only one dive in North Sulawesi, this would have to be it." (The dive sites of Indonesia, Guy Buckles, 1995)
The Southern side of the island has beautiful coral slopes in a deep calm bay, as well as vertical winding walls with stronger currents. This side of the island has a high diversity of fishes, corals and sponges, and good spots for snorkelling. There are huge schools of fusiliers, pyramid butterflyfishes, bannerfishes and damselfishes.
Other species you might bump into are reef sharks, napoleon wrasses, hawksbill and green turtles, great barracudas, eagle rays, snappers, scorpionfishes and leaf fishes. Invertebrates include a variety of differently shaped hard corals, black corals, gorgonians, giant barrel sponges, nudibranchs and giant clams.
The dive sites on the western and northern sides of Bunaken are vertical walls abundant with reef fishes, sharks, lobsters, whip corals and giant gorgonians with tiny Pygmy sea horses. You might also see large emperors, red snappers, groupers, dogtooth tuna, eagle rays, giant trevally, turtles and barracudas. Even manta rays, mola mola, hammerhead sharks and whalesharks have been seen around Bunaken.
Attraction : Snorkeling Tour
Duration : 05 Days - 04 Nights
Tour area : Bunaken National park
Grade : Easy
Start – End : Manado
DAY 01. ARRIVAL IN SAM RATULANGI AIRPORT.
- We will meet you at the airport and then going to the harbor (30 Minutes) and sail to Bunaken Island (45 Minutes) by charter boat. The boat will take us directly to the resort where we will going stay. Check in the cottage/bungalow on Bunaken Afternoon snorkeling at house reef in front of cottages. Dinner at the resort and overnight at resort.
DAY 02. BUNAKEN ISLAND SNORKELING TOUR
- Breakfast at resort. By charter boat going to Western site of Bunaken Island for snorkeling. We are going to snorkeling today starting from Tawara snorkeling spots and celah celah, continue to Likuan one, two, three and will end it up in Muka kampong. Having lunch will serve on board or we are going to landed at the peace of white sandy beach on the area. Free at leisure on the white sandy beach. Afternoon return to the resort. Dinner and overnight at resort.
DAY 03. BUNAKEN DOLPHIN TOUR & SILADEN ISLAND SNORKELING TOUR
- Breakfast on the boat. Take a boat charter early morning ride to sea, to looking for Bottle nose & Spinne Dolphins. After that we are going to landed in Siladen island, to have breakfast. After breakfast, a little of walking around the village. After that we are doing snorkeling at the house reef of the island. Lunch serve on the beach by the team. After lunch, we can do more snorkeling or just laying dawn the beach to do sunbath, afternoon enjoy the scenic view of sunset. Return to the resort on Bunaken Island. Dinner and overnight resort
DAY 04. EASTERN BUNAKEN SNORKELING TOUR
- Breakfast at resort. Our last day on the island is Take a swimming about 25 M to reach the spectacular Bunaken Timur reef area. At Lunch we are return to the resort. We doing snorkeling today along the Bunaken timur, floating above the reef according of the currents flows. After lunch free at leisure until the time to return to Manado by charter boat. On arrival in the harbor we will pick up by car and bring you to the hotel in town. Dinner at local restaurant. And overnight at five star hotel in Manado.
DAY 05 : DEPARTURE – NEXt DESTINATIONS
- Breakfast at hotel. Morning at leisure till the checkout transfer. Drive you to airport. End of services, home sweet home.