TORAJA COMBINED TOUR
This tour package is a combination of cultural tourism and nature tourism. Where for cultural tourism will be very focused on places where cultural activities are often done, and ever done, such as graves in large rocks, graves on stone walls, as well as very old rocks that have been used as buffalo mooring when it will be slaughtered and a traditional village still inhabited by indigenous Torajans. There is also a large tree that is perforated and used as a baby grave.
And for cultural tourism is the most popular to watch is the funeral ceremony. The uniqueness of a series of ceremonies conducted for days and even months after going through some ceremonies that are not less unique that has been held before.
And the most desirable to visit is when the day where almost all types of animals are given as offerings, then sacrificed by slaughter and the results are then distributed to all family members in attendance. In addition, the procession removal of the corpse from Rumah Tongkonan to the field that has been arranged with a variety of traditional decoration, will also be very interesting to watch. Whatever embellish the funeral ceremony, will always have the meaning and function of why there are decorative ornaments.
The natures in Tana Toraja dominate by the bamboo clumps and the pine trees. The topography is mountainous and hilly , created the fantastic view from the highland, and almost of the locals is living as a farmer, and their create the hillside and mountain side as a wonderful of panorama of the green rice terraces. In the early morning is a coolest breeze moment.
And would be memorable if you can try to wake up early morning to be a part of their life activities since it's began, to enjoy the cool morning dotted with the melodies of birds, the rising of the sun and also the view of white clouds that are brought under us, it seems we are in the country over the clouds. Stay overnight in the Tongkonan traditional house, eat the test of locals culinary, knows how their life activities, will experienced and memorized you. And get this all sensation with the trekking in the highland of Tana Toraja.
Attraction : Trekking, Rafting, Sightseeing
Tour Area : Makassar – Toraja – Sengkang - Maros
Duration : 08 Days /07 Nights
Grade : Easy - Intermediate
Start - End : Makassar
DAY 01 : MAKASSAR AIRPORT - PARE PARE- TORAJA ( L.D )
- Meeting service upon arrival at Sultan Hassanudin International airport. And we will company you to take an eight-hour drive up to Tana Toraja passing through Bugis villages. Stop in Pare-pare to have lunch at the sea-food restaurant located up on a hill with sea view. Afternoon, refreshment stop at Bambapuang to see the exotic mountain of Buntu Kabobong and enjoy some local cakes with traditional coffee or tea. Late in the afternoon arriving in Toraja land, directly check-in at the hotel for your overnight stay and dinner. (B, L D)
DAY 02: KEPPE – LIMBONG
- Breakfast at hotel. And by car we are going to the starting point of trekking. Upon arrival we are doing last checking before begin the walking. Trekking into the deep of the country sidewill going through the foot path, crossing suspension bamboo bridge and coffee plantations. En route we might to meet the students are going to school or return, farmer in their garden, The panorama along the way fantastic combination of valley, hills and Sesean mountainous, also rice terraces, Tongkonan traditional houses, some times is stone graves. About 03 hours walking, we will have lunch box at the suspension bridge side. From here to Limbong we will find more wonder full site of the natures beauty of Tana Toraja, I could say "Fantastic sites". The views are given you more energy to explore. Afternoon arrive in Limbong,we are check in at simple villager traditional house (Tongkonan).
DAY 03 : LIMBONG – RANTEPAO
- Breakfast at Limbung then trek to the place where the car will pick us up. This second day of trekking we will walking at the hill side with a very beautiful scenery of rice fields, and the great views of the pines forest, There will be one of traditional market will passed by and also could be seen the funeral ceremony on the way at the village and we always have time to see that. Today, we can create the walking duration according to your physic ability. We can prepare lunch box for longer trekking and we can have lunch in Rantepao if you wish to have shorter time of trekking. Afternoon arrive in Rantepao and check in to hotel. Dinner at local at restaurant.
DAY 04 : FULLDAY TORAJA TOUR ( B.L.D )
- Breakfast at hotel. Explore Tana Toraja , the land full of surprises. First to Lemo, a cliff burial site with effigies up on balconies. Sangalla’ to see the baby graves in a big tree at Kambira. Visit Suaya, the royal burial site of Puang Sangalla’ where you can see all kinds of graves existing in Tana Toraja from the ancient to the present time. Lunch en route, visit the Ke’te’ kesu’ traditional village with rows of traditional Tongkonan houses and granaries and hanging graves. Return to hotel in the afternoon. Dinner and stay overnight.
DAY 05 : FULLDAY TORAJA TOUR ( B.L.D )
- Breakfast at hotel. We have another full day exploring Tana Toraja. Visiting Sadan village, as the Toraja weaving center. and then continue to Pallawa, a spectacular traditional village with rows of Tongkonan houses and traditional granaries. Next places is Bori, a burial place with megaliths which is remains of the Torajan ancient stone cultures. Lunch en route, after that visit Nanggala, a traditional village with thousands of bats up on the bamboo trees, and a traditional Tongkonan house with a human skull on top of it. Afternoon, return to hotel and stay overnight. Dinner at local restaurant.
Note : A traditional funeral ceremony which can be reached by foot will be included during the days Toraja tour. A typical Torajan local fruits & live stuff market can also be visited during your two days tour in Toraja Land.
DAY 06 : TORAJA - SENGKANG( B.L.D )
- Breakfast at hotel. Leaving Toraja Land for Sengkang with few stops en route for some interesting stuff.Lunch en route at local restaurant. Arrive in Sengkang, take a boat-trip on "Tempe" lake to see the way of life of those who still live on their floating houses. Take a refreshment while enjoying the sun-set view from this floating house. Late afternoon check-in the hotel and dinner.
DAY 07 : SENGKANG - BANTIMURUNG - MAKASSAR ( B.L.D )
- Breakfast at hotel. And with driver and guide, visiting the traditional silk-weaving village.4 hours drive trip to Makassar with a stop at Bantimurung to enjoy the beautiful waterfall and some rare species of most spectacular colorful butterflies at green mountainous view. Lunch will be served en route. Afternoon proceed to the main city of Makassar and directly check-in to hotel for your overnight stay and dinner will be served at sea-food restaurant in Makassar.
DAY 08 : MAKASSAR - AIRPORT ( B )
- After breakfast at hotel, proceed to Airport for your next destination. End of services.
- We are happy to create the tour according to your duration, needs, and budget.