TORAJA TOUR - South Sulawesi
Toraja Tour is a tour package that we offer to the fans of cultural tourism combined with the natural beauty of Toraja. Toraja tribe inhabits the area in the highlands of South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia. Toraja people inhabit hilly and mountainous areas that have very fertile soil conditions. With the culture of the funeral ceremony, and then the rare traditional house, created with beautiful nature, Toraja is now skyrocketing as one of the most famous tourist destinations for both domestic tourists and foreign tourists.
Attraction : Cultural Tour
Duration : 05 Days - 04 Nights
Tour area : Toraja
Grade : Easy
Start - end : Makassar
DAY 01 : ARRIVAL IN MAKASSAR / SHORT CITY TOUR (D)
- According to your schedule of arrival, we will meet you at Hasanuddin Airport Makassar. Then we drive to the down town of Makassar. Here we will take you on a short city tour by visiting Fort Rotterdam, the old Dutch fortress. Then to Sulawesi Miniature Garden, where we can find all types of South Sulawesi traditional houses. From here, we direct to Akkarena Beach, Tanjung Bunga for refreshment while enjoy the beautiful sunset. Dinner we will be served at a local restaurant in Tanjung Bunga. Then check in at the hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 02 : MAKASSAR – TANA TORAJA (B,L,D)
- After breakfast, take approx. 8 hours drive to Tana Toraja passing through the Buginese villages with their typical wooden houses. Lunch will be served at a seafood restaurant in Pare-Pare. In the afternoon have some drink or snack on Bambapuang café while enjoy the wonderful view of mount Buttukabobong. In the afternoon arrive in Rantepao. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 03 : FULL DAY TANA TORAJA TOUR (B,L,D)
- After breakfast, we will visit the stone hanging grave of Lemo with its Tau-Tau effigies. Then to Kambira where we can find the peculiar baby graves in the trees. Onwards we will explore the architecture of Tongkonan houses in Ketekesu village and Londa, which is a natural grave with entombed deceased. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in Rantepao. In the afternoon, we visit Nanggala and Siguntuk, local Torajan villages famous for their old Tongkonan houses and rice barns. Then back to the Hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 04 : FULLDAY TORAJA TOUR
- In the morning we will visit Tinombayo where we can enjoy the spectacular view of the megalith stones spread over the extensive rice fields. Then to a burial cave of Lokomata. From Lokomata, we continue our trip to Batutumonga where we will a have short trekking, enjoy the beautiful panorama and experience a moment of the unique Torajan life style.. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in Batutumonga. In the afternoon, we will visit Pallawa & Sa’dan, local Torajan villages famous for their wood carving. Then back to the Hotel for dinner and overnight stay
DAY 05 : RANTEPAO – MAKASSAR AIRPORT
- With the same road, we drive back to Makassar. Stop in Pare-Pare for having lunch at a seafood restaurant. Afternoon arrival in Makassar and directly transfer to Hasanuddin Airport Makassar for your flight to the next destination
Enjoy your holiday trip in Indonesia especially in Tana Toraja, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.
- We can create you the trip according to your duration, wishes, needs, and budget.
Toraja tour packages could be combined by :
- Toraja - Lorelindu tour
- Toraja - Morowali tour
- Toraja - Togean Island tour
- Toraja - Morowali - Lorelindu - Togean Island tour