TORAJA TREKKING TOUR
Topographic conditions of Tana Toraja are in mountainous areas, hilly and lavish. The area consists of 40% of mountains with an altitude between 150 m up to 3083 m above sea level (upland 20%, lowlands 38%, swamps and rivers 2%). The lowest part of this district, located in District Bonggakaradeng and highest District Rindinggallo. These conditions make this district rich in diversity of natural and cultural attractions that until now remain awake and maintained.
The Toraja Trekking Tour packages offer you explore almost all agricultural and forest areas, hamlets, valleys and hills, and mountains in North Toraja, within visiting :
Attraction : Culture, Trekking, Rafting.
Tour area : Makassar, Pare – Pare, Toraja.
Duration : 06 Days / 05 Nights
Grade : Easy – Intermediate
Start – End : Manado
DAY 01 : MAKASSAR ARRIVAL - TORAJA
- Upon arrival at Sultan Hassanudin Airport, we meet you and drive you to Toraja through Pare – Pare.The town in between Makassar and Tana Toraja. We are arrive in this town at lunch time. After lunch we are continue for more four hours driving through the asphalt road, and the passing the Bugisnese villages, and the rice field. Refreshment stop in Bampapuang or Exotic mountain view.(coffee time), Late afternoon arrive in Toraja. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 02 : SUTE – BATUTUMONGA (B,L,D)
- Breakfast at hotel. And we go by car to Sute village, to trekking up to Batutumonga village, walking about five to six hours, surrounded by the Bamboo clumps, pines forest and traditional villagers. farmers in their garden, rice terraces suround. We are have lunch box en route. Afternoon arrive in Mentirotiku, enjoy the wonderful view of Rantepao city, the mountainous, and the rice terraces. Free at leisure. Dinner and overnight at resort.
DAY 03 : BATUTUMONGA - LIMBONG
- Breakfast at home stay, and we meet you to start the trekking in to the deep of the country side through the foot path, crossing suspension bamboo bridge and coffee plantations. We will walking today about six to seven hours. Lunch box en route. After lunch continue walking to the village. We are walking among the trees passing through the beautiful landscape, villager traditional houses, stone graves. Afternoon arrive in Limbong, dinner and overnight at simple villager traditional house (Tongkonan).
DAY 04 : LIMBONG – RANTEPAO
- Breakfast at Limbong and then begin the trekking to Sallu through a very beautiful scenery of rice fields landscape, the stip, traditional market and also passes few traditional village. About four to five hours walking, the car pick us up at Sallu to continue by car to local restaurant. After lunch visits hanging grave at Kete Kesu and stone grave at Lemo. Late afternoon, check in to Hotel dinner and overnight.
DAY 05 : FULL DAY TORAJA TOUR (B,L,D)
- Meet at hotel lobby after breakfast, and drive to the village where we can watch the local people to arrange the funeral ceremony. We are going to stay here until the mid day. From here we are going to have lunch at local restaurant and after lunch continue to visiting the Traditional villages of Kete'Kesu, and the hanging grave, after that going to Kambira, the baby grave. Afternoon return to hotel. Dinner at local restaurant.
DAY 06 : TORAJA - MAKASSAR (B,L)
- Breakfast at hotel. Meet at hotel lobby, we depart from the hotel about 08.00 am and drive dawn to Makassar, or airport to have the afternoon flights. Lunch en route. Afternoon arrive in Makassar. End of services. Home sweet home.
- We are happy to create Toraja trekking packages according to your budget, needs and duration